For whatever reason, earlier today I was thinking back on a few of my favorite books I’ve read over the years. More than once I thought, “Ooo! I need to go back and re-read that series again!“… only to then reprimand myself for the pitifully long list of books I have yet to read. So, if I won’t be reading them again, anytime soon, I might as well recommend them to someone else!! Here is a list of my top ten Favorite Series of Books... or at least my favorite on the first three pages of my Goodreads account. If I keep going back, I’m sure I could add another 10!
**Before I jump in, I need to make a disclaimer that this list will not include Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Divergent – all of which are my favorites, but most of the world has read by now, so I chose to leave off! 🙂 If you are one of the handful of people alive on this earth that hasn’t read them yet, start with those!
10. The Pledge Series by Kimberly Derting: Revolving around a girl named Charlie who comes from the working class of a small country, I loved that the distinction between classes came from the language each class spoke. This series has a few cool twists you won’t see coming.
9. Brilliant Darkness Series by A.G. Henley: This series isn’t actually finished being released yet, but I’m in love with the two books out, so far! Set in a post-apocalyptic future, the story is told through a main character…. who happens to be blind! Very cool! Fantastic plot!
8. The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen: This set of scholastic books is geared towards middle grade, but I found it outstanding, even as an adult! Set in a fantasy world with old fashioned knights, kingdoms and battles, you will get lost in the action! Lots of plots twists that will blow you away.
7. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: Ok, I admit that I love the Mortal Instruments series, as much as anyone. I think that’s why I fell in love with this set of books, since it’s set in the same world of Shadow Hunters, demons, warlocks and other fun make believe characters. But I just liked this story better. Maybe it’s because it’s only 3 books, instead of 6, or that I just connected with this specific plot more – it’s set in the late 19th century in Europe. Whatever, I fell in love with these characters and the story.
6. The Forest of Hands and Teeth Series by Carrie Ryan: If you know me, you know I love anything zombie related! Enough said. This is a fantastic portrayal of a world of survival if a sickness turned everyone to the walking dead, but with an actual, interesting plot. I’m addicted to reading all the novellas that go along with this series, as well 🙂
5. Under the Never Sky Series by Veronica Rossi: Wow. This storyline will hook you from the beginning! Set in a dystopian future, I love the harsh contrast between primitive life and that of a technology saturated world.
4. Watersong Series by Amanda Hocking: Yep – I’m also a mythical-creatures-of-the-sea-nerd, too! Set modern day, this is the story of Gemma, a small town girl who loves the water. Until a strange group of girls turns her into something she never saw coming. Really fun series!
3. Legend Series by Marie Lu: I was smart and read these back to back – so glad I did! Set in the future, this is fantastic thriller of an upper class girl and an outcast boy who come together as their world is turned upside down. Surprise ending that had me in tears! Love!
2. The Iron Fey and Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten Series by Julie Kagawa: Ok, I totally admit I’m cheating – these are two different series but both take place in the same world of the Fey. (And even have some of the same characters!) A clash between our world and that of faeries, this series will have you hooked until the end. Awaiting the next book in the COTF series – I love seeing the mythical linked with modern day twists!
1. Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout: By far one of my favorites! What would happen if aliens secretly lived in your town and even sat right beside you in class? Furthermore, what would happen if you fell in love with one? This story pretty much answers those questions – and a whole lot more! Katy and Daemon – a love story you won’t see coming! Love, love, love this series! 😉
If you haven’t read any (or all) of these books, I encourage you to grab them while you’ve got some free time to read over the holidays! What about you? What are your favorite series? Feel free to leave a comment below!!
Keep an eye out for my next post about favorite series, which apparently will be happening sooner than later, since I just ran across another 4 series that I can’t live without recommending! 🙂
Until then, happy reading, friends!